Sunday, September 20, 2009

Titter, titter.

Well, it's a peaceful (if chilly) night here at Stonehill. I'm writing this now, because I'm really behind on my blog posts. What else is new? Hah.

Braces went in last Thursday, and I've been reeling in pain and discomfort since. Day by day, hour by hour, the pain disappears and the discomfort diminishes. Hopefully I can start to actually chew my food in earnest. It's a strange, but sadly true little cliche that you realize what you desire most when it's no longer within your reach. For me, that phrase encompasses two or three specific people, and a whole bunch of delicious food that I won't be able to enjoy for a good year or more. Steak, gum, hard candies, and lots of icecream are going to be sorely missed. I don't know how much patience I'll have for dicing my food up into small little pieces and practically swallowing them, with the occasional chewing every now and then. It's something I'll have to get used to, I suppose, and I simply cannot wait to get the whole affair over with in the summer! That being said, there ARE things that I'm looking forward to in the coming months.

Thanksgiving and Christmas, moreso the latter than the former, will set a special place in my heart this year. Why? Because I'll get to spend a hell of a lot of time with my dearest friends whom I miss daily, and long for hourly. Everyone has been so busy lately (myself included) that it sometimes feels as if it'll be an eternity before I see them again. That said, I try to busy myself with the day-to-day aspects of living. I focus on my academic work, on trying to establish some social relations here at Stonehill, and I sneak in some reading or gaming time when I can.

On another note, Carleen and I have made plans this Thursday. Apparently, she will stay the afternoon with me once I get out of my classes for the day. I've not seen her since July, so I'm hoping and praying that everything will work out just fine. I'll probably be reporting on that, and any other interesting developments as they arise.

This is Commander Cadimus Orso of the Boland 224th Legion, signing off. Good night, and good luck.

No comments: