Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Heartening Developments!

So, today I ventured a walk to the first of hopefully many Stonehill Republican meetings. I was surprised to see so many potential members! There had to have been about 20 in all! Coming from a place where I was one of the only conservative voices in the educational discourse, seeing so many like-minded people in a liberal arts college is heartening. While we are the definite minority, I saw some intelligent, attractive young people at this meeting. I'm very excited for the next few meetings, and even more excited in getting to know many of my conservative compatriots. I only hope that my fellows in this group are not simply playing the part of anti-democrat. To have such a philosophy would be very close-minded and self-defeating to the entire conservative argument.

In a time and place where liberally biased books and professors rule the arena of educational discourse, I shall join the mighty ranks of my fellow conservatives and those willing Republicans to transform us from the Silent Minority of Stonehill students to a very vocal, well-respected group with strong foundations in the community, state, and national politics. I only hope there is room for advancement in this group, and I could one day see myself as a leading person in this group once I've proved to them my worth and leadership abilities.

For now, I'm sitting here at 10PM in my lounge pants and blue bathrobe, munching on ritz crackers, peanut butter, and sipping some sprite. All is well, and I've finished all of my work until next Monday. I am very proud of myself so far. Three obstacles remain in my path:
1. I must find a topic to write about for my Contemporary America term paper.
2. I must decide what I shall run around as on Halloween with the girls.
3. Christmas gifts for the girls, and for Josh. Oh, the choices! My wallet will cry little capitalist tears.

1 comment:

Giosue Carlo said...

Ahahaha!

PRESENTS.

And Republicans.

We ave like... Green peacers here.