Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fun Times!

Well, today has been a relaxing day of naps, forced-lunch visits, Obama-bashing, and the setting up of "The Council" above my bed. What is "The Council", you may ask? I'll tell you.

I took the liberty to print out high-quality photo pictures of each of the following gentlemen and in this order:
Ulysses S. Grant. General MacArthur. Richard Nixon. George W. Bush. Bill O. Mark Steyn. Glenn Beck. This is all done much to the annoyance of my roommate and his Obama-Bot friends, who are, by the by, going to watch Obama's speech to a joint session of Congress tonight in our dorm. I simply cannot wait; shall I wear my Obamunism shirt, or my Mark Steyn shirt? Such choices! Well, because this is going to be such a short note, I'll leave with a funny anecdote that took place when Bryan and I got out of class earlier this week:

So Bryan and I were walking up the main path on our campus, when he observed that, "We couldn't see the dorm, so we weren't close to it." This was in response to me complaining that he was complaining about the great five minute distance we had to walk to return to the beloved Forward Outpost. So, almost instantly, I shoot back by pointing up at the Dean's Building (think 19th century southern mansion) and I say, "We can see the white man's house." Later, I amended my statement by saying, "We can see Massah's house." I am brilliant.

No comments: