Sunday, October 4, 2009

'Round and round we go!

So begins my first full week in October at Stonehill College. To believe that I've already been here over a month is astounding. It's a strange feeling, really, because I feel I've transitioned much easier than I suspected I might. Oh, how busy I've been!

Worked at Country Gardens on Friday after getting my braces repaired, only after getting out of French class. I came home and then spent the entire next day absolutely devoted to starting (and finishing) my English Literature essay on Shakespeare. How I loathe writing about that man. It's so dull and convoluted now that I'm in college. Ugh. Well, I spent much of Sunday asleep, since the family had been chaotic for the past two days. We laid out some television cables, and set up yet another never-to-be-watching screen in the BATHROOM. Jake volunteered to take me back to Stonehill around 6:30, which in itself was a treat. I'm still musing over the idea of purchasing a Blackberry. Do I really need it? I could get by without one, but I think it would make life a tad easier. Oh well. Busy week ahead.

I managed to finish yet another essay tonight after arriving back to the Forward Outpost. I'll check it tomorrow, revise it, and then hand it in on Tuesday. I've finished so much in so short a time. Monday consists of a French exam. Tuesday consists of more history reading. Wednesday is more French and English. Thursday is more history. Oh, did I mention I need to meet with my Gen. Ed. History professor to schedule a meeting before Thursday? I -LOVE- research papers! Friday should be an easy day, but then I have to go work for Mr. Arguin. Joyous day.

Tonight I managed to do something that I haven't done in a long, long time. I had quite the heart-to-heart with my dearest comrade, Josh. It was really something great, as we both managed to tell the other of our infatuations. It's really striking how similar we are; we both cannot get over previous loves. His path is rocky, and mine is more of the character of being somewhat unrequited on the romantic level. After an hour or two of chattering, he and I both agreed that we were each on an exciting, risky course. We look forward to Christmas Eve with a great deal of excitement.

Well, enough of that heart-warming mush. I can hear the terrible thundering of cannon in the distance. Hush. Monday is soon to begin and I must once again join to battle with my comrades in arms.

Commander Cadimus Orso of the 224th Legion signing off.

No comments: