Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A cold, wet, regular week.

Well, it's been sixteen days since I last left a small posting on this message board, so I find it completely appropriate to add something before I head off to my College Republicans meeting. These past few weeks have been busy, but ordinary. I've had a wonderful hiatus from writing any essays and taking many tests, but the prospect of making some head-way on my major term papers, coupled with the vast amount of pages that I must read each and every night surely makes up for the apparent easiness I've been having. Just the other night, I received a call from Jen, and we talked for nearly an hour about this and that, and all I'll say is that this Halloween should be one for the record books. All of my real friends, save for my comrade in Italy, shall be around me.

Outside of the academic fun, I find myself more and more becoming the person that others go to for advice on personal matters. They continue to say, quite accurately I think, that I am a "good listener". I think a lot of my success has to do with my ability to listen, and then to reply in a smart, serious, and yet witty way that can turn a dark subject into something to smile about. So, my friends continue to leave me short messages, or very long conversations, and I welcome that quite a lot. I enjoy the trust I share with my friends, and every one of these conversations leaves me in a positive air. I think they're a force of good (for me).

On a related note, Mr. Chatters was intercepted by Stalin's forces when he was crossing the Polish border shortly before October, in the midst of the night. As of right now, we have been assured by Uncle Joe that our dear Betta Fish, Mr. James C. Chatters Nixon Johnson is alive and has been given the necessary care. A series of negotiations will shortly commence, and if possible, I, as acting-President of Bolland 224 and Commander of its Armed Forces will make an impromptu visit to Moscow.
Cadimus Orso signing out.

No comments: