Monday, August 31, 2009

It Begins!

Well, after three days of nonstop orientation, I find myself among the fortunate few who may, I believe, proudly call themselves Stonehill students. It's going to be a wonderful experience to at last engage myself in the monotonous schedule of attending classes, cramming food down my throat, and getting involved in leadership roles while on Campus. It's an exciting, liberating, and yet confusing time. Luckily, for my own sanity, I'll be returning home on most if not all weekends to spend time with my family that I miss very, very much. I will say that I am thankful that my orientation is over. I can't think of the hell and misery I'd be in if classes didn't start 'til Thursday, and here I was slushing stuff around at a band camp that began the Saturday before. So, I suppose my heart goes out to Jen for being able to put up with all that craziness.

As it stands, I don't believe I'll have any trouble with my courses this semester. I was, however, very upset to learn that I need a full year of French, and not merely a semester. It's wonderful, then, that I took perhaps the easiest French course offered. I'd rather focus on classes more suited to my interests, those being history and contemporary America. Well, it's late and there's more carousing to be done, so off I go. Woo, me.

1 comment:

Giosue Carlo said...

Well, Luca, like you, I find that all of my classes EXCEPT FOR ITALIAN are on only one campus...

...but I'm glad you feel confident in your classes.

I have:
Modern Europe
Intensive Italian
Intro to Political Theory
International Affairs
Church History

I love all of them so far.

All of my teachers speak with a THICK Italian accent except for Father Larrey who does the last course.