Friday, August 28, 2009

Don't they go by in a blink?

With less than a day to go before I run off to Stonehill, and with all the packing done, I'm sitting here and wondering about how my comrads and family will do without all of us around, laughing and seeing eachother multiple times during the week. I can honestly say that I'm feeling all sorts of things at the moment, and more than anything else I already miss Josh, Jen, and the rest. Due to the lack of having a car, I may only get to see those two when the breaks roll around in December. Both of them have become such an integral part in my life, and beyond one or two members of my family, they know the most about me. There's a great deal of trepidation going through my mind at the moment, and that's mainly because both the distance and the time separating all of us is a little disheartening. In retrospect, I think that the strength of our friendship will endure and grow because of all the varied experiences and interesting stories we'll have to tell. I look forward to Christmas Eve, which is my favorite time of year.

On a less-mushy note, the parents were all in a hectic uproar with packing these past two or three days. I love them, but they always have a keen method for getting on eachother's nerves long before the job is done. It's amusing to watch, and I can only wait with a smile on my face to see how they are when we're all together unpacking in the midst of a tropical storm. Stormy weather has always been my first greeting at Stonehill; I'll look forward to seeing the place when it's bright and sunny, or covered in snow.

1 comment:

Giosue Carlo said...

Always in your corner, chum.

Send me a skype when you can!